Air Race Classic 2011

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday, June 25

The agenda for today is fairly full. We have to go do our score sheet signing, maybe get the airplane inspected again, go on a tour of Teledyne Continental Motors (!), and then we have an event with local area kids on a battleship museum. Pretty busy day.

We won't know how we did until Sunday evening. That's when the award banquet is. The score sheet signing is just to verify your times. We may have one issue with the Texas fly-by, but I won't know until I have that sheet I my hands. I recorded all of our times enroute so we can see If there's a vast difference between what we have and what the timers have.

Yesterday was a relaxing day. Jo and I walked around downtown and poked around all of the stores. Mobile seems to be a big art scene; there are galleries everywhere! Unfortunately, that makes souvenir shopping a little difficult, as we can't really cram a canvas into the airplane. We had lunch with her husband at a little hole-in-the-wall place that was pretty good. I had shrimp creole!

All of the teams made it in yesterday. A few teams have had mechanical problems and had to scratch. It seems problems started in/around Texas. I wonder if the heat just baked their engines or whatnot. It was HOT!

That evening after all of the teams were in, there was a party on top of the hotel that we're staying at. It has a 180 view of the harbor area. It was fun watching the ships go in and out throughout the evening.

Time to get ready for the score sheet signing!

No comments:

Post a Comment